We conclude our seven-part series on Eric Voegelin’s groundbreaking work, “The New Science of Politics”. In this episode we talk about the current state of Western societies, especially the efforts of the Gnostics to immanentize the Christian eschaton, as well as the two dangers of Gnosticism that will lead to it’s collapse.
Here’s a list of all the episodes in the series.
- Voegelin on Representation
- Voegelin on Cosmological Representation
- Voegelin on the Anthropological Principle, the Psyche & the Transcendent
- Voegelin on Soteriological Truth & Ancient Rome
- Voegelin on Re-Divination, Joachim of Flora & Gnosticism
- Voegelin on the Puritans
- Voegelin on Today
Get a copy of Voegelin’s work from Amazon: The New Science of Politics.
Did you get value? Please support the show.
If you find value in The Currency, please help me keep the show going by making a donation. Donating helps keep the show free of advertisements, protects it from sponsor censorship, and helps me make it better by freeing me up to put more time into it.